Pages

Beautiful things for you and your home!

Lots of homely thoughts on sewing, baking, papercrafts, gardening and all the things that go towards making your house a home

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Journal Your Christmas 2012, continued...

Well, I'm not sure 'continued' is exactly the right term. Stalled, might be a better one. I really wanted to keep up and get it all ready prior to starting the actual month of December this year, but I had a bit of trouble getting motivated. I did think about watching the previous JYC videos on Shimelle's site but I'd seen them several times before and I wasn't doing the number tags this year anyway, so it didn't really seem as if that would give me the impetus I needed to get started.

So, I was sort of already 'behind' before I'd even started! Not a great plan. I know we're always told you can't be behind in this hobby, and for the most part, I totally agree with that. It's not supposed to be a chore or a deed you must do, but on smaller projects like this, it's nice to keep up. I did make some notes every now and then through the month and took some photos. I didn't actually end up sticking to the prompts. Some just don't apply to me and now that I've finished the journalling, it's more a mix of the JYC and just a bit of an illustrated diary of Christmas - ie: we did this, we went there. And I'm fine with that. I'm more than fine with that, actually. It's more appropriate to our Christmas this year, and something I want to remember and document.

But at the moment, the journal itself is still looking a bit like this...

 
 
Not really what I had in mind for the state of it by this point in time, but there we are. I'm really hoping I'm not the only one who's run out of steam - or perhaps never got up a good head of steam to begin with for the project this year...or am I?


I really just need to sit down and put it all together. I've got the photos back and the journalling is all done, and printed out. I suppose it's just the enthusiasm that's lacking. If anyone has any good ideas about how to give me a shot of this, I'd be grateful!

Love, Maxi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it is enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)