Pages

Beautiful things for you and your home!

Lots of homely thoughts on sewing, baking, papercrafts, gardening and all the things that go towards making your house a home

Sunday 7 April 2013

More Scrapbooking - Lunch in Delhi

I got a bunch of photos back from the developers this week, and despite Royal Mail's best efforts to mangle them, pretty much survived the trip.

 I currently use Snapfish, as they have been pretty good but I did think some of these had come out a bit dark. I've used Photobox once before - for the Journal Your Christmas project as I wanted some different sizes and Photobox do have a great selection on that front. I'd love to know who else people use and what results you've had?

But back to scrapbooking. Most of the photos I ordered were fairly recent ones, but I also sent off for a few from 2006 which I took on our last trip to India. There was a particular story I wanted to tell about my lunches at the hotel and I finally got around to doing it yesterday (and yes, I was actually supposed to be trying to find my desk under the pile of paper and supplies that had migrated onto it. I did tidy up - I just scrapped whilst I was doing it!)

Lunch in Delhi
 
 
This is very much a favourite memory and I am so glad I finally got around to putting it down on a page. I didn't really have the right alphabet supplies so I had to make do with what I had. The larger sticker font of 'Lunch' was a bit of a fight as the letters are now so old and rather well travelled and they had gone a bit funny - I had to wrestle with them to get them off the carrier sheet. It didn't look quite definitive enough so I went over them with some black stickles which has helped give it a little sparkle, and texture.
 
 It's probably not what I would have done if I'd had the choice of something else, but I wanted to get the page done, and finished, rather than having it sit around until I found the 'perfect' letters. In the end, that's the important thing, isn't it?
 
 
Hope you have fun in whatever crafty endeavour you are indulging in this weekend.
 
 
Love, Maxi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it is enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)