Pages

Beautiful things for you and your home!

Lots of homely thoughts on sewing, baking, papercrafts, gardening and all the things that go towards making your house a home

Sunday 12 February 2012

I haven't forgotten you!

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. It's just been (and is) one of those times lately. I haven't even got to crafting at all, unless you count sorting out my sewing patterns which I have pretty much done. I've photographed all the covers now and have printed some out. But now we're out of ink so I can't do the rest yet. Then I'll have my own little catalogue. Ideally, I'd like to make a list of the pattern numbers I have too but whether I'll actually get to that, I'm not sure.

I have picked out what I'm hoping to make next, which is from this book


It's call the 'Flouncy Bag'. I was looking at the instructions last night and I noticed that it asks for fabric that's non directional. The piece of stash I had in mind is an Amy Butler bit I got on sale ages ago but looking at it this morning, it does have a direction really. I'm wondering if anyone else has made this bag, and if so, how important the direction statement is in this case. From the cutting layout, it didn't really look like it would matter too much.

I'd love to hear your feedback if you've made it, and what you thought.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!


2 comments:

  1. Why print out your patterns?

    I keep a picture of my patterns but only on the computer. I have folders for Butterick, McCalls etc garments, then more for the same in crafts. Then when seeing a pattern you want either on Ebay or on a online shop, you can check in an instant if you have that pattern (and recently I've noticed the companies use different pictures for the same pattern).

    I store the envelope and the instructions in a plastic wallet and these go in a big A4 ring binder also marked by the pattern company and broken down into garment and craft. The actual pattern pieces go into a document wallet and are stored in a crate beneath my bed (shortly to go into a filing cabinet).
    Regards
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan

      I jst like the idea of being able to snuggle up on the sofa with my 'caatalogue' and flick through :)
      I like your idea too. The patterns themselves are stored in a set of 4 drawers and divided into type of garment, although I am not as good as you in doing them into company too!
      Thanks very much for the comment, I appreciate it :)

      Delete

I love to hear your feedback, thoughts and ideas but please be kind and play nice so that it is enjoyable for everyone. Thank you :)